Code of Conduct
- Treat others with respect, i.e. treat others as you would like to be
treated. While it is understandable heated arguments may, on rare
occasion, occur, flaming of another member or the forum administration/moderating
will not be tolerated.
Flaming: when a thread becomes too heated and/or discussion loses
all objectivity and dissolves into personal attacks. In this
situation moderators/administrations will lock the thread so no other
posts may be made to it. In select cases the offending posts or the
entire thread may be removed. Moderators will additionally send
private warnings to the participants involved with the flaming (see also
Member Banning). Should a thread get locked, do not start a
new thread in order to continue the topic. If this occurs moderators
have the authority to ban the person(s) in question
- Discussion of the private lives of the production team/cast/crew is
absolutely 100% not acceptable. We are fans first and
foremost. As such we should be respectful of their right to privacy
and keep our discussions strictly to their professional careers.
Topics considered inappropriate for discussion include, but is not limited
to, relating gossip you may have heard about a production team/cast/crew
member, speculation about why a cast/crew member may have left the show, the
cast/crew's interpersonal and/or romantic relationships and/or sexual orientation.
- This site, the associated mailing list, or forums are not affiliated
or associated with any of the producers, cast, or crew. While we do
maintain good relations with many of them, we are neither the official
Five Mile Creek website, nor the official club for any of the
cast/crew. If any of the producers, cast, or crew do participate on
the message boards, they will be designated by a special avatar and listed
with a unique title. In other words, if someone posts saying he is
Henry Crawford and doesn't have "Producer" as the title and one of the
larger avatars, it's not Henry.
- For-profit auction announcements, offers/requests for tape copying is
- Please remember this is a discussion forum. It is not an instant
messaging service. Use MSN Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, ICQ, or
Yahoo! Instant Messenger instead. If you would like to instant
message with other Five Mile Creek fans, we encourage you to
provide your instant messaging information on your profile.
- Be mindful that children do frequent the forums and as such keep your
language "child appropriate."
- Please do not hotlink. Hot linking is when you post a direct
link to an image or file on another website so that it will display in
your post. We ask that you do not do this as it "steals" the
bandwidth of another's site. If there is a picture you would like
people to see, post a link to the page where it can be viewed or, in the
very least, ask permission of the site's webmaster prior to posting a link
to the image(s). Linking to pictures located on this site (www.fivemilecreek.net)
- We have tried to provide a wide selection of avatar pictures.
However some avatars are restricted for the use of site/forum
administrators, hosts, moderators, cast, crew, and producers. If you
would like an avatar made from a particular image, please post your
request in the Website forum.
- Most importantly, have fun and get to know your fellow Five Mile
- This Code of Conduct may be revised or amended at any time without
notification by the site and forum administrators. Any changes will
be posted in the News and Announcements forum.
- On the first occurrence a forum member posts something that breaches
the COC, they will receive a private warning.
- The second time, they will receive another private warning as well as
being placed on a 48 hour suspension.
- The third time the member in question will be permanently banned from future
participation on the fivemilecreek.net forums.
- An exception to this procedure will be if a member posts pornographic
materials or provides a link to a pornographic website. In this case
the person shall be banned immediately and the posts removed from the
Cast and Crew